Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wednesday, July 2, 2008-Visual Tour of a 21st Century Educator

This morning was my final morning at NECC, as I have to catch a flight back to Nebraska. I unfortunately had to miss out on afternoon sessions, as well as the final keynote presentation. I am hoping that I will be able to catch it via a podcast when I return home.

My first session was with Valerie Greehill and her colleagues, from Infotech Strategies out of Arizona, which is funded by the George Lucas Foundation.

website: www.21stcenturyskills.org

Valerie encouraged participants to go onto their website to map new content in all areas of curriculum. To do this, search under PUBLICATIONS on their site above. The great thing about this site, is that educators like you and I can submit their own ideas or 21st Century tools on the site to share with others who access the site. Once you submit an idea, it takes approximately two weeks before your idea will post. All ideas on the site are content driven projects for students to do. There are MANY, MANY ideas, and Valerie shared many of them from the site
for participants.

I encourage you to go online and check out the projects, as well as sharing your own for the rest of us to learn and grow in our professional settings!

No comments: